bochs windows - > linux

  • iastrubn@actcom.co.il
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2003
      hi all,

      I would like Bochs to access my real linux partition from windows. any one
      knows
      if it is possible? and how can it be done?

      maybe hacking some small linux distro available in bochs and then chroot to a
      mounted device it bochs?

      any ideas?

      - diego
    • meh
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2003
        I'm not a Bochs master but I don't think this is possible, as you boot bochs
        from an in-disk image, it only knows the image information-wide. If you
        could you could probably be using a sector in your HD to boot from (which is
        not possible currently).
        > I would like Bochs to access my real linux partition from windows. any one
        > knows
        > if it is possible? and how can it be done?
        >
        > maybe hacking some small linux distro available in bochs and then chroot
        to a
        > mounted device it bochs?
        >
        > any ideas?
        >
        > - diego

      • Diego Iastrubni
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2003
          so? i could give it /dev/hda8.... what's your point?

          ביום ראשון, 30 במרץ 2003, 17:46, meh כתב:

        • iastrubn@actcom.co.il
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
            in the risk of sounding too stupid:
            wht if i use somedevice as the "file" what is exactly not supported?
            what if i "cp /dev/hda8 ~/mylinux.image" and use that file?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003