mail filters on imap servers

  • Diego Iastrubni
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
      Hi,

      I switched to imap, and I would like to know how can I filter the mail. That
      means each new mail will get into a separate dir (for example mail from this
      mailing list will go to a gnubiles-il dir).

      I am using actcom's imap service, and kmail (3 and 3.1), an mozilla.

      - diego
    • Leibovich Family
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
        same as usually I'm using mozilla and it's filtering everything OK
        Diego Iastrubni wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >I switched to imap, and I would like to know how can I filter the mail. That
        >means each new mail will get into a separate dir (for example mail from this
        >mailing list will go to a gnubiles-il dir).
        >
        >I am using actcom's imap service, and kmail (3 and 3.1), an mozilla.
        >
        >- diego

      • Diego Iastrubni
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
          does it do it on local dirs or imap dirs?
          can kmail do it? it does have better hebrew support.

          - diego

          áéåí øàùåï 02 îøõ 2003, 15:35, Leibovich Family ëúá:

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
            On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Leibovich Family wrote:

            > Diego Iastrubni wrote:
            >
            > >Hi,
            > >
            > >I switched to imap, and I would like to know how can I filter the mail. That
            > >means each new mail will get into a separate dir (for example mail from this
            > >mailing list will go to a gnubiles-il dir).
            > >
            > >I am using actcom's imap service, and kmail (3 and 3.1), an mozilla.

            > same as usually I'm using mozilla and it's filtering everything OK

            It works, but only works when your client is connected, unlike server-side
            filtering (procmail-based and alike).

            It is also problematic if you work with several mail clients (which is one
            of the things imap allows you to do)