recommend a linux version to a nubie

  • rotermario <roter@netvision.net.il>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2003
      hi,
      i am quite godd with windows and dos but completely new to linux.
      i would like to know which linux version is recommended to start with
      so to play arround and start feeling linux.
      tx
      mario
    • Diego Iastrubni
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2003
        Hi,

        mandrake 9.0 or redhat 8.1 (I think it is out by now no?)

        Mandrake 9.1 will be the most hebrew translated distro. Neither of them has
        kde3.1 yet.

        I think mdk has better h/w support (I mean for home users). If you choose rh,
        you will have to install by yourself mp3 prohgrams, and also ntfs drivers.
        Mandrake has them by default.

        I recommend Mandrake 9.0.

        - diego

        áéåí ùéùé, 7 áôáøåàø 2003, 10:49, rotermario <roter@...> ëúá: