Re: [gnubies-il] Something faster than Mozilla

    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2001
      On Wed, 9 May 2001, Ryzhyk Eugeney wrote:

      > Does anybody know about web browser faster than Mozilla?
      > Its HTML rendering engine is OK, but user interface is very slow.
      > I can't find out why and I see no reason for that.

      If that is what you think, then you should probably try galeon:

      http://galeon.sourceforge.net/

      There are a couple of other gecko-based browsers .

      Note that I haven't tried any of them...

    • Ryzhyk Eugeney
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2001
      • dgi_il@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 10, 2001
          opera? sounds cool... try it (I have the windows version, but I think they should be the same)

          - diego
          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 2001
            Hi all,

            I have this pesky little problem ever since I've
            started trying out Linux - I can't connect. Neither
            RedHat 6.2, Mandrake 7.2 or RedHat 7.1 let me connect.
            Now the last two flawlessly detected my ISDN card
            (Fritz PCI, whatever), and the last one really got my
            hopes up when it actually tried to dial. It didn't
            suceed, of course, and it didn't even give me an
            error. The logs insisted that I hung up. I tried
            playing with settings (changing authorization
            protocols, for example), but it didn't help. Could it
            be the provider (Bezeq Int, curses upon them)? If so,
            I'll switch to Actcom or something.

            I hope you'll be able to help me with this --

            ~Mark

            PS. every time I launch Win after Linux, it is screwed
            up 'cause Linux supports my Savage4 so much better and
            leaves it with settings Win can't cope with. LOL.

            =====
            "The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
            - Wilhelm Stekel

            http://auctions.yahoo.com/