Re: [gnubies-il] Hebrew UTF-8 web pages problem - solved

  • Gad Abraham
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2002
      Hi,
      I found the solution:

      1. In httpd.conf, add 'AddCharset UTF-8 .uft8'

      2. Then change your file.html to file.html.utf8 and presto!

      When you access the file, you only need to type 'file.html' (if there is
      no other file with the same name, then I guess you need to specify the
      order in which Apache displays the different files of different languages).

      Cheers,
      Gad
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2002
        On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Gad Abraham wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I found the solution:
        >
        > 1. In httpd.conf, add 'AddCharset UTF-8 .uft8'
        >
        > 2. Thenchange your file.html to file.html.utf8 and presto!

        Does apache 2 have content-negotioation on by default?

        Alternatively: find how to tell the web server *not to send* charset
        directive

        Any ideas?

        Or change the default charset to UTF-8, which is certaily a more sane
        choice.