Re: [gnubies-il] Hiafux Lectures

  • Muli Ben-Yehuda
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 03:40:20PM -0800, Nat Bubis wrote:
      > any chance someone will ever give lecture on
      > network / security issues?

      A better place to ask would've been on the Haifux mailing lists.

      To answer your questions, we've already had several security oriented
      lectures, and we'll probably have more in the future. Take a look at
      the lecture archives. What would you like to hear?
      --
      Muli Ben-Yehuda http://www.mulix.org/
      mulix@...:~$ sctrace strace /bin/foo http://syscalltrack.sf.net/
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002
        mostly stuff about the causes of the security bugs and
        how to avoid them in programming/configuring.

        --- Muli Ben-Yehuda <mulix@...> wrote:
        > On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 03:40:20PM -0800, Nat Bubis
        > wrote:
        > > any chance someone will ever give lecture on
        > > network / security issues?
        >
        > A better place to ask would've been on the Haifux
        > mailing lists.
        >
        > To answer your questions, we've already had several
        > security oriented
        > lectures, and we'll probably have more in the
        > future. Take a look at
        > the lecture archives. What would you like to hear?
        > --
        > Muli Ben-Yehuda http://www.mulix.org/
        > mulix@...:~$ sctrace strace /bin/foo
        > http://syscalltrack.sf.net/
        > Quis custodes ipsos custodiet?
        > http://www.mulix.org/cv.html

        http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
      • Muli Ben-Yehuda
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002
          On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 03:28:07PM -0800, Nat Bubis wrote:
          > mostly stuff about the causes of the security bugs and
          > how to avoid them in programming/configuring.

          I think we've had such a lecture, but it's certainly time for a repeat
          with new techniques from the field. Orr, please set me down for a
          "secure programming" lectuer at your convenience, after the "kernel
          hacking" lecture I still owe the club.