Re: [gnubies-il] Haifux' Newcomers Lectures This Week

  • Yotam Rubin
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2002
      On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 12:57:02AM +0000, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
      > ביום שלישי 29 אוקטובר 2002, 19:46, Muli Ben-Yehuda כתב:
      > > > mmmm.... lets see....:
      > > > - Linux for the Technion Student / Monday 28/10 18:30- Linux for the
      > > > _Technion_ Student / Monday 28/10 18:30
      > > >
      > > > what if I am not from the technion?

      [...]

      > > ???? What is your problem?
      > Muli, you really dont see it since you are not an outsider. But linux-il is
      > (site + mailing list) mantained by students, computer sicence students,
      > computer sicence students from the technion. Its intimitaing for people to
      > gte into a new piece of software which is dominated by this "kind", (I dont
      > not mean to offent...). Look at linux-il most of the active people which post
      > almost every day, have an .ac.il mail. Most of them are "neihbours of you".
      > While I do know it is not truth, It looks like this to the newcomers. I also
      > know that you cannot change this fact, so i will stop "foaming my mouth"....

      Disclaimer: This thread is a waste of time and bandwidth, and I'm probably
      making a mistake by prolonging it.

      Most Israeli Linux users are not Technion students. It could be said that
      many users active in the community have at one point studied at the Technion.
      Additionally, it would be absolutely false and misleading to say that the
      "Evil Technion People" somehow maintain a closed community. I have never
      studied or even physically been at the Technion, and yet I don't feel
      "excluded" from the community. I seriously do not understand your grudge,
      but in any event, please keep your dellusional paranoid fantasies to yourself.
      If you wish to respond to this message, please do so in private; gnubies-il
      was not intended for this sort of silly discussions.

      -- Yotam Rubin