Serial Communications GUI

  • Barry Skidmore
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      I have both 'C-Kermit' and 'minicom' working just fine for dial-up serial
      communications, but would really like to find a GUI. A search on
      freshmeat and Google turned up one called 'gcomm', but I was unable to get
      it to work.

      Are you aware of other programs with a GUI?

      Thanks,
      Barry
    • Leibovich Family
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hello, Barry Skidmore,

        Obviously you mean "a graphical GUI" as as far as I remember
        minicom has a console gui.

        >I have both 'C-Kermit' and 'minicom' working just fine for dial-up serial
        >communications, but would really like to find a GUI. A search on
        >freshmeat and Google turned up one called 'gcomm', but I was unable to get
        >it to work.
        >
        >Are you aware of other programs with a GUI?
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Barry

        Best regards.
        Leibovich Family
        meh@...
        2002-10-02
      • Barry Skidmore
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
          On 10.01.2002 20:03 Leibovich Family wrote:
          That is correct - I do not consider a "console" GUI to be a "true" GUI.

          Barry