tampering with bootcd iso

  • Leibovich Family
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29 11:15 AM
      Hello, gnubies-il,

      How can I easily add files to a linux bootcd iso
      without ruining its bootability?

      Best regards.

      Leibovich Family
      meh@...
      2002-09-29
    • Yotam Rubin
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30 5:51 AM
        On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 08:15:52PM +0200, Leibovich Family wrote:
        > Hello, gnubies-il,
        >
        > How can I easily add files to a linux bootcd iso
        > without ruining its bootability?

        Unfortunately, the CD filesystem is read only. It can be only created once.
        You could however mount the ISO via a loopback device, copy the files
        to a temporary tree and recreate the ISO following your modifications.

        Regards, Yotam Rubin
      • Yotam Rubin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30 4:20 PM
          On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 01:26:43AM +0200, Leibovich Family wrote:
          > Hello, Yotam Rubin,
          >
          > I ment of course to a bootable CD ISO

          What I wrote applies to a bootable CD. There is no conceptual difference
          between the two regarding this issue.

          BTW, you might want to fix your MUA. It seems to prepend "Re:" to the
          subject, even though 'Re:' was already present.

          Regards, Yotam Rubin

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30 4:26 PM
            Hello, Yotam Rubin,

            I ment of course to a bootable CD ISO

            >On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 08:15:52PM +0200, Leibovich Family wrote:
            >> Hello, gnubies-il,
            >>
            >> How can I easily add files to a linux bootcd iso
            >> without ruining its bootability?
            >
            >Unfortunately, the CD filesystem is read only. It can be only created once.
            >You could however mount the ISO via a loopback device, copy the files
            >to a temporary tree and recreate the ISO following your modifications.
            >
            > Regards, Yotam Rubin

            Best regards.
            Leibovich Family
            meh@...