Re: [gnubies-il] My name is amir, and i'm a Linux Newbie.

  • amir abiri
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2001
      how can i convince RPMs from now on that my qt > 2.2.1 ? i don't want to
      use --nodeps cuz maybe there is something else there that i need and i
      won't know about it. where do RPMs save informations about themselves ?

      It's not working ? Hmmm... What's the Operating System ? Right then.... Just
      type "Del C:\Windows" Press Enter.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2001
        On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, amir abiri wrote:

        > how can i convince RPMs from now on that my qt > 2.2.1 ? i don't want to
        > use --nodeps cuz maybe there is something else there that i need and i
        > won't know about it. where do RPMs save informations about themselves ?

        You can create a demi rpm package that supplies qt.

        You can see the docs and samples of my recent lecture about making RPMs:

        http://tx.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/rpms-lecture/ (temporary localtion)

        the src tarball also contains the samples. I think that the
        libfoo-fake.spec one would be helpful.

        (generally you create an rpm from a specfile using 'rpm -bb file.spec )

        But maybe this is an overkill .

        > It's not working ? Hmmm... What's the Operating System ? Right then.... Just
        > type "Del C:\Windows" Press Enter.

        That's deltree, btw. del does not have -r ;-)