Re: [gnubies-il] My name is amir, and i'm a Linux Newbie.

  • amir abiri
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2001
      10x,
      i will take that as 1 for RH... :)

      Mandrake / Red Hat
      0 1

      More votes please... :) ...

      It's not working ? Hmmm... What's the Operating System ? Right then.... Just
      type "Del C:\Windows" Press Enter...
    • amir abiri
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2001
        how can i convince RPMs from now on that my qt > 2.2.1 ? i don't want to
        use --nodeps cuz maybe there is something else there that i need and i
        won't know about it. where do RPMs save informations about themselves ?

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2001
          On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, amir abiri wrote:

          > how can i convince RPMs from now on that my qt > 2.2.1 ? i don't want to
          > use --nodeps cuz maybe there is something else there that i need and i
          > won't know about it. where do RPMs save informations about themselves ?

          You can create a demi rpm package that supplies qt.

          You can see the docs and samples of my recent lecture about making RPMs:

          http://tx.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/rpms-lecture/ (temporary localtion)

          the src tarball also contains the samples. I think that the
          libfoo-fake.spec one would be helpful.

          (generally you create an rpm from a specfile using 'rpm -bb file.spec )

          But maybe this is an overkill .

          > It's not working ? Hmmm... What's the Operating System ? Right then.... Just
          > type "Del C:\Windows" Press Enter.

          That's deltree, btw. del does not have -r ;-)