Weekly Links Sharing

  • David Bergman
    Message 1 of 73 , Jul 1, 2002
      Make good use of these links.

      1.
      Red Hat Web and FTP Tips, FAQs and HOWTOs:
      http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/web_ftp/
      Deals with FTP Setup Tips, Virtual FTP Setup Tips,
      Guest FTP User Setup Tips and so on.

      2.
      Install Slash For Dummies:
      http://www.misterorange.com/docs/INSTALL-Slash-For-Dummies.html
      x86 Slashcode Installation Guide - It has instructions on
      installing the slash package (database/perl) program that
      runs slashdot, and can also run your own web site.

      3.
      Firewall Script
      http://www.pointman.org/PMFirewall/
      "PMFirewall is an Ipchains Firewall and Masquerading
      Configuration Utility for Linux. It was designed to allow
      a beginner to build a custom firewall with little or no
      ipchains experience.

      4.
      Floppies and linux: Losing files?
      http://www.itworld.com/nl/unix_sys_adm/05292002/
      The reason why it's important to umount floppy
      disks before ejecting them.

      Bye Bye
      ---
      David Bergman

      The SNAFU principle: "Situation Normal, All Fucked Up"
      ---
    • Amir Tal
      Message 73 of 73 , Dec 8, 2002

        was sent to the list by mistake...sorry.