643Re: [gnubies-il] KDE, Galeon & Hebrew

    Mar 2, 2002
      On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Nigel Ridley wrote:

      > I tried what you suggested with the iso-10646-1 but I don't have Arial
      > fonts and the ISO-8859-8, along with all the Hebrew fonts, has dissapeared
      > from the font list under KDE's Control Center!? Now I don't have Hebrew
      > typing ability in Galeon anymore - nothing - not even gibberish. I'll keep
      > trying though ..........

      You should have misc-fixed of charsets iso-8859-8 and iso-10646-1 . It is
      generally readable enough (At least if you don't try to resize it, and
      stick to the point sizes of 12 or 13)

      Under KDE you should generally use iso-10646-1 .

      You should seperate keyboard mapping from fonts. Those are two separate
      issues.

      Note that galeon shares almost no configuration with KDE.

      I would also recommend not to use kxkb, as it is badly designed (and thus
      its keyboard switching may be slow) and use standard Xkd switching (as
      recommended in the IGLU FAQ.