403Re: [gnubies-il] a few questions about unix

    Sep 2 11:32 AM
      Hi

      On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, dgi dgi_il wrote:

      > tzafrir: how do I disable debugging in ./configure and how much did it take
      > in the end (both the diretory source and lets say ~/mozilla, i want to
      > oinstall the beast into it's own tree so it will be easier to my to compress
      > and restore later.)

      my tree is around 325MB. I think that it is fully built.

      It is from the cooker source RPM of mozilla.

      BTW: the 'configure' line from that RPM spec file:

      BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 ./configure --prefix=%{_prefix} \
      --enable-optimize --disable-debug \
      --enable-strip-libs --disable-tests --enable-mathml \
      --enable-svg --enable-crypto\
      --with-default-mozilla-five-home=%{_libdir}/mozilla \
      --with-extensions --disable-short-wchar

      ( %{_prefix} is '/usr' and %{_libdir} is '/usr/lib' )

      The script also runs:

      BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 make -j$NPROCS -s export
      BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 make -j$NPROCS -s install

      (-j$NPROC is non-relevant for a single-use computer. Although some people
      would rather run -j2 , so that whenever one build process is busy with IO,
      the other can use the CPU. Anyway, '-s export' is probably the relevant
      part)