3399Re: [gnubies-il] Linux on laptop

  • kopolov@gmail.com
    Jan 11, 2011
      Well,
      I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 on my ThinkPad W500 and it works gr8.
      About running Windows apps on Ubuntu, you will need to install wine (short for "WINdows Emulator)
      You must understand however that wine does not mean all windows programs will necessary runs on it, or runs well.
      I don't know about laptop coming preinstalled with some Linux version, thought Dell used to sell Ubuntu based laptops till recently.

      Hope this helps,
      Hagai

      On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:43 AM, Yaakov <webdoar@...> wrote:

      Shalom; I'm totally new to this subject yet very inetersted.
      What type of linux OS is best for laptops? What addon(s) would one need to use Windows based programs inside Linux & would this mean a slowdown of functioning?

      What laptops are available with a linux OS already on it?
      Todah
      Yaakov

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic