3345Re: [gnubies-il] Firefox movie problem

    Apr 18, 2009
      On Saturday 18 April 2009 16:15:25 baum_j wrote:
      > Hi all, I'm new to Linux.

      Hi, welcome to Linux!

      > I'm using Firefox as my browser.
      >
      > It works mostly fine.
      > Only problem I got is, that sometimes when I open a YouTube tab, I can only
      > hear the soundtrack and the where the movie should be, appears a gray
      > rectangle. Now this is YouTube! I won't even begin describing problems in
      > other movie sites (Metacafe, GoogleVideos...).
      >
      > How can this be fixed?
      >
      > I'm using the latest FF 3.0.8 on Linux Mint (Felicia)

      Have you tried upgrading to the latest Adobe Flash player?

      http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

      I'm not familiar with Linux Mint, but I will try to install it on a virtual
      machine here to see if I can reproduce this problem (and find a solution).

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      Parody on "The Fountainhead" - http://xrl.us/bjria

      read.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic