3250Server software upgrade - taking precautions?

  • sheled_na
    Jul 8, 2007
      Good Evening,
      I have a CentOS 4.4 Linux server running Apache 2.0.52, MySQL 4.1.20,
      Webmin 1.340 and PHP 4.3.9
      I'm interested in upgrading the SQL, apache and php versions.
      along with version issues i'm taking into consideration, i have a
      small, and basic question:
      when upgrading the SQL - could any data be lost? (meaning the databases)
      same for the PHP and apache. conf's will be saved or overridden?
      should i create a complete system backup before doing this kind of act
      or i shouldn't be so scared of updating these apps?

      Also - how will the Webmin interface handle the chage of versions?
      should i kill the webmin before upgrading?

      Best regards,
      Elad