3223Cable Internet

  • Geoff Shang
    Apr 15, 2007
      Hello,

      I realise it's bad form to jump on to a mailing list and post right away,
      so I hope you'll forgive me.

      I'm actually not a LInux newbie, I've been using Linux for over 8 years.
      but I'm about to be a newbie to Israel - I'll be moving there with my wife
      in just over a week.

      We've managed to land ourselves a good deal for cable Internet, and I've
      been reading conflicting information about how it works. The howto at
      http://tx.technion.ac.il/~eyalroz/linux_cable_pptp.html says that everyone
      uses PPTP. The howto at http://iglu.org.il/amit/cable seems to indicate
      that this was changing, and the IGLU FAQ says all you need is a DHCP client
      and the cable modem. So which is it?

      Thanks in advance for any help you can give. It's confusing trying to get
      technical questions answered from the other side of the world when you
      don't speak the language.

      Geoff.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic