2869Re: [gnubies-il] Network problem

  • Yehuda Zadik
    Feb 19, 2005
      Hi Alex

      Looking at /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network
      I solved the address problem.

      Now I want to run an ADSL script /sbin/adsl-setup
      which built a device "ppp1" (the script: /sbin/adsl-setup was created
      by an pppoe rpm).

      At boot you see the line: "Bringing up interface ppp1 FAILED".
      At the network GUI the device ppp1 is in active and trying to activate
      it fails.

      How to make the device active so I will be able to connect to the ADSL ?

      Thanks and best regards
      --

      Yehuda Zadik
      054-4530938

      Alexander Sirotin wrote:

      >Hello Yehuda.
      >
      >Are you getting this ip address for your ppp0 connection after dialing
      >your internet provider ?
      >please send me all the output of the /sbin/ifconfig before the dialing
      >and 15 seconds after the dialing.
      >
      >Thanks, Alexander.
      >

      >On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:36:09 +0200, Yehuda Zadik
      ><yuda_zdk@...> wrote:
      >

      >>Hi
      >>
      >>I changed some of my netwok settings in my
      >>computer so it should run at different location.
      >>At my home I have network problem
      >>
      >>I have an adsl dialer ppp0 wich does'nt
      >>come up at boot time nor can it be configured
      >>at the network configuration.
      >>
      >>Running /sbin/ifconfig we get this:
      >>inet addr: 90.0.0.65
      >>
      >>I checked the network definitions and /etc/hosts
      >>haven't seen this Ip address.
      >>
      >>Am I missing something here ?
      >>
      >>Regards
      >>
      >>--