2565Re: [gnubies-il] hard disk problems

    Jan 1, 2004
      On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 02:13:15AM +0200, meh wrote:
      > I'm having an ethernet realtek PCI card, for some reason the small led
      > lights aren't lit (cables seems to be plugged).
      > My knoppix Debian installation does not show it as an IF device at all
      > (IE executing ifconfig would return only lo).

      What about 'ifconfig -a' ? Does it show the device?

      If so: kernel support exists (e.g: the module was loaded), but the
      interface is not "up".

      If not: can you try:

      modprobe ne2k-pci

      and report the result? Did it create an entry for the card?

      > It worked superbly before

      Same distro?

      > However it is recognized by Win98, (IE appears in the my Devices
      > section, but not working).
      > My Questions are:
      > 1) quick bugtracking for the card's inactivity.
      > 2) Is the ifconfig result normal (even if my card isn't working for some
      > reason, it should appear as a networking device!)

      Again: use 'ifconfig -a', 'ip link' or 'ip address'

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic