2531Re: [gnubies-il] using Hebrew with icewm

    Dec 6 5:11 PM
      On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 10:49:28PM +0000, Leibovich wrote:
      > On Friday 05 December 2003 06:35 pm, Nigel Ridley wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I just started using icewm and can't figure out how to be able to type
      > > in Hebrew (KDE was a no brainer) -- any pointers welcome -- even reading
      > > the fine manual:-)
      > It's Extremely simple and straightfoward - you can't, Icewm doesn't use a
      > toolkit that supports Hebrew.

      Sure you can. Keyboard support is not related to the window manager. It
      is a feature of the X server. You can set up IceWM to show unicode
      fonts, and then it will show Hebrew, but reversed.

      Note that the only Hebrew texts in IceWM are short texts , of one line.
      This means that adding bidi support into it shouldn't be a big deal:
      just filter everything through fribidi.

      --