5187Re: Compiling GBA example program.

  • rtstofer
    Jul 20, 2012
      --- In gnuarm@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richardandrews.ma@...> wrote:

      > I have a very simple example to compile for the GBA, but I can't ( no matter what commands I use) get it to compile properly. I got it to compile twice but when I check the file with a hex editor I don't see what should be there and it doesn't boot with the GBA emulator.
      >
      > Someone please help, please.

      There are folks around here that may not know that GBA means "Game Boy Advanced" and that the code is, in fact, ARM7.

      You didn't say what toolchain you are using and what platform it is running on. I'm assuming Linux and that you actually have a GCC cross-compiler for ARM7. The standard PC variant certainly won't work. I would have expected a bunch of errors...

      Here is a description of building a toolchain on Linux:
      http://nuclear.mutantstargoat.com/articles/gba_dev_tools.html

      There is also a sample program and it looks easy enough to build although it is probably a useless example.

      In looking over the site, I am impressed with how easy the author makes it seem. I haven't tried it because I already have several ARM7 toolchains.

      Richard
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic