5176Re: New Moderator Poll

  • gnuarm
    Apr 18 12:20 PM
      Opps, I guess I meant Yahoo. Aren't they all the same evil empire by now?

      So was that your request to be included in the poll?

      BTW, if I am made moderator, I will be making a change to the way new members are allowed into the group. Anyone can join the group, but by default they are in moderated status. Their first post will be flagged to the moderators and requires approval before it is sent to the group. On approving this first message the status of the member is changed to the group default which is unmoderated. If the first post is spam or otherwise undesirable the member is banned.

      I currently moderate some 10 or a dozen groups and use this technique very successfully. SPAM almost never gets into these groups.

      Otherwise I intend to do nothing else to change the group.

      Rick

      --- In gnuarm@yahoogroups.com, Lars Wallden <lars.wallden@...> wrote:

      > Google?
      >
      > On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM, gnuarm <gnuarm.2006@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I contacted Google and they said they can appoint a new moderator if we
      > > have an election by the poll feature here. I have only listed myself, but
      > > if anyone else would like to be listed I will be happy to edit the poll and
      > > start it over.
      > >
      > > Rick
      > >

      > --
      > Lars Wallden