5151new effort, was Re: [gnuarm] Re: Project Status

  • rtstofer
    Mar 23, 2012
      --- In gnuarm@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      > I had not originally intended to release this to the public, as it
      > was done for my own use, but seeing the sorry state of all the
      > toolchains out there (most of which look like they were put together by
      > embedded systems/hardware guys as an afterthought, not by a software guy
      > on a mission...I'm lucky to be both!), and the falling into
      > dismaintenance of the (otherwise decent) GNUARM distribution, perhaps
      > it's time for me to consider releasing it.
      > -Dave

      Indeed, it is time!

      I have built the GNUARM distribution several times and the instructions work very well. But it's just for the arm-elf configuration.

      Over at OpenHardware.net, Tom Walsh has a pretty decent set of scripts for building an ARM toolchain:

      The part I never understood is his comment on the library being Thumb and not pure ARM32. I don't know that I care but given a choice, I would pick pure ARM32.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic