5128Conditional inclusion based upon processor type

  • bob991960
    Sep 16 7:59 AM
      I would like to write code appropriate to different versions of the ARM processors since different versions support different instructions. e.g. for a processor less than V6 the rev instruction does not exist, and so more convoluted code must be written to swap bytes within a word.

      I do not see any means of using the GNU assembler to include different code depending upon version. I could maybe parse /proc/cpuinfo from make but is there an easier way?

      Bob
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic