24th Unicode Conference - Atlanta, GA - September 3-5, 2003

  • Tex Texin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2003
      Twenty-fourth Internationalization and Unicode Conference (IUC24)
      Unicode, Internationalization, the Web: Powering Global Business

      http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24
      September 3-5, 2003
      Atlanta, GA
      NEWS

      > Visit the Conference Web site ( http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24 )
      to check the updated Conference program and register. To help you
      choose Conference sessions, we've included abstracts of talks and
      speakers' biographies.

      > Hotel guest room group rate valid to August 12.

      > Early bird registration rates valid to August 12.

      > To find out about, and register for the TILP Breakfast Meeting and
      Roundtable, organized by The Institute of Localisation Professionals,
      and taking place at the same venue on September 4, 7:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.,
      See: http://www.tilponline.org/events/diary.shtml
      or
      http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24

      Are you falling behind? Version 4.0 of the Unicode Standard is here!
      Software and Web applications can now support more languages with
      greater efficiency and lower cost. Do you need to find out how? Do
      you need to be more competitive around the globe? Is your software
      upward-compatible with version 4.0? Does your staff need
      internationalization training?

      Learn about software and Web internationalization and the new Unicode
      Standard, including its latest features and requirements. This is
      the only event endorsed by the Unicode Consortium. The conference
      will be held September 3-5, 2003 in Atlanta, Georgia and is
      completely updated.

      KEYNOTES: Keynote speakers for IUC24 are well-known authors in the
      Internationalization and Localization industries:

      Donald De Palma, President, Common Sense Advisory, Inc., and author
      of "Business Without Borders: A Strategic Guide to Global Marketing",
      and Richard Gillam, author of "Unicode Demystified: A Practical
      Programmer's Guide to the Encoding Standard" and a former columnist
      for "C++ Report".

      TUTORIALS: This redeveloped and enhanced Unicode 4.0 Tutorial is
      taught by Dr. Asmus Freytag, one of the major contributors to the
      standard, and extensively experienced in implementing real-world
      Unicode applications. Structured into 3 independent modules, you
      can attend just the overview, or only the most advanced material.
      Tutorials in Web Internationalization, non-Latin scripts, and more,
      are offered in parallel and taught by recognized industry experts.

      CONFERENCE TRACKS: Gain the competitive edge! Conference sessions
      provide the most up-to-date technical information on standards, best
      practices, and recent advances in the globalization of software and
      the Internet. Panel discussions and the friendly atmosphere allow
      you to exchange ideas and ask questions of key players in the
      internationalization industry.

      WHO SHOULD ATTEND?: If you have a limited training budget, this is
      the one Internationalization conference you need. Send staff that
      are involved in either Unicode-enabling software, or internationalization
      of software and the Internet, including: managers, software engineers,
      systems analysts, font designers, graphic designers, content developers,
      Web designers, Web administrators, technical writers, and product
      marketing personnel.

      CONFERENCE WEB SITE, PROGRAM and REGISTRATION

      The Conference Program and Registration form are available at the
      Conference Web site:
      http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24

      CONFERENCE SPONSORS

      Agfa Monotype Corporation
      Basis Technology Corporation
      ClientSide News L.L.C.
      Oracle Corporation
      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
      XenCraft

      GLOBAL COMPUTING SHOWCASE

      Visit the Showcase to find out more about products supporting the
      Unicode Standard, and products and services that can help you
      globalize/localize your software, documentation and Internet content.

      Sign up for the Exhibitors' track as part of the Conference.
      For more information, please see:
      http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24/showcase.html

      CONFERENCE VENUE

      The Conference will take place at:

      DoubleTree Hotel Atlanta Buckhead
      3342 Peachtree Road
      Atlanta, GA 30326

      Tel: +1-404-231-1234
      Fax: +1-404-231-3112

      CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT

      Global Meeting Services Inc.
      8949 Lombard Place, #416
      San Diego, CA 92122, USA

      Tel: +1 858 638 0206 (voice)
      +1 858 638 0504 (fax)

      Email: info@...
      or: conference@...

      THE UNICODE CONSORTIUM

      The Unicode Consortium was founded as a non-profit organization in 1991.
      It is dedicated to the development, maintenance and promotion of The
      Unicode Standard, a worldwide character encoding. The Unicode Standard
      encodes the characters of the world's principal scripts and languages,
      and is code-for-code identical to the international standard ISO/IEC
      10646. In addition to cooperating with ISO on the future development of
      ISO/IEC 10646, the Consortium is responsible for providing character
      properties and algorithms for use in implementations. Today the
      membership base of the Unicode Consortium includes major computer
      corporations, software producers, database vendors, research
      institutions, international agencies and various user groups.

      For further information on the Unicode Standard, visit the Unicode Web
      site at http://www.unicode.org or e-mail <info@...>

      * * * * *

      Unicode(r) and the Unicode logo are registered trademarks of Unicode,
      Inc. Used with permission.