RE: Khmer Unicode on Unix or Linux

  • Marco Cimarosti
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2003
      Sengtha wrote
      > I whould like to develop khmer script engine to write Khmer Unicode
      > on Unix linux OS.Right now ,Khmer unicode works well with Microsoft
      > Uniscribe.Are there any tools or solutions to use Khmer Unicode on
      > Unix OS? I want to develop Khmer script engine like Uniscribe to use
      > with Khmer Unicode (Open type font).

      Check this: http://www.freetype.org/index2.html

      FreeType is an open-source implementation of OpenType which runs on most
      OS's. AFAIK, it also includes the shaping for most Indic and SE-Asian
      scripts. I don't know the exact status of Khmer, but the page above also
      references mailing lists where they may tell you.

      Ciao.
      Marco