IUC24 Call for Papers - September 2003 - Atlanta, Georgia

  • Martin Duerst
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 12:44 PM
      Hi folks,

      Yes, it is time to get thinking about the September Unicode conference in
      Atlanta. Please see the information below and check out the website for
      conference themes and suggested topics for papers. Submissions are due
      May 2.

      Thank you, Martin.

      Twenty-fourth Internationalization and Unicode Conference (IUC24)
      Unicode, Internationalization, the Web: Powering Global Business

      See Call for Papers at:
      http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24/call.html

      September 3-5, 2003
      Atlanta, Georgia

      Submissions due: May 2, 2003
      Notification date: May 23, 2003
      Completed papers due: June 13, 2003
      (in electronic form and camera-ready paper form)

      WHAT'S NEW

      Each conference's theme is different, allowing key subject areas
      to be explored in depth. This conference will explore global
      business needs and solutions and the impact of new technologies.

      Go to the conference web site for a graphical version of this message:
      http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24/call.html

      INVITATION TO SUBMIT PAPERS

      The Internationalization & Unicode Conference is the premier technical
      conference worldwide for both software and Web internationalization.
      The conference features tutorials, lectures, and panel discussions that
      provide coverage of standards, best practices, and recent advances in the
      globalization of software and the Internet. The conference continues to
      provide a forum for identifying and discussing new issues in this field.

      New technologies, innovative Internet applications, and the evolving
      Unicode Standard bring new challenges along with their new capabilities.
      This technical conference will explore the opportunities created by the latest
      advances, how to leverage them, and the potential pitfalls. Their impact on
      business and the problem areas that need further research will also be
      identified. Best practices for designing applications that can accommodate
      any language will be demonstrated.

      Attendees benefit from the wide range of basic to advanced topics and the
      opportunities for dialog and idea exchange with experts and peers.
      We invite you to submit papers that relate to Unicode or any aspect of
      software and Web Internationalization, with special emphasis on the themes
      discussed below. You can view the programs of previous conferences at:
      http://www.unicode.org/unicode/conference/about-conf.html

      CONFERENCE ATTENDEES

      Conference attendees are generally involved in either the development and
      deployment of Unicode software, or the globalization of software and the
      Internet. They include managers, software engineers, testers, systems
      analysts, program managers, font designers, graphic designers, content
      developers, web designers, web administrators, site coordinators, technical
      writers, and product marketing personnel.

      THEME: INTERNATIONAL COMPUTING SOLUTIONS FOR GLOBAL BUSINESS

      "International Computing Solutions for Global Business" is the overall
      theme of the Conference.

      In today's tight economy, companies are looking for productivity
      improvements and increased international sales. One of many challenges is
      to maximize use of existing resources while accomplishing these achievements.
      Another is to incorporate new standards and technologies to gain competitive
      features.

      In support of the theme and these challenges, papers on GLOBAL BUSINESS and
      NEW TECHNOLOGIES are requested. More details on the theme and other topics
      of interest can be found at our web site:
      http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24/call.html

      We invite you to submit papers which define tomorrow's computing, demonstrate
      best practices in computing today, or articulate problems that must be
      solved before further advances can occur. Presentations should be geared
      towards a technical audience.

      EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES

      The Conference SHOWCASE area is for corporations and individuals who wish
      to display and promote their products, technology and/or services. Every
      effort will be made to provide maximum exposure, advertising and traffic.

      Exhibit space is limited. For further information or to reserve a place,
      please contact Global Meeting Services at info@....

      CONFERENCE VENUE

      DoubleTree Hotel Atlanta Buckhead
      3342 Peachtree Road
      Atlanta, GA 30326

      Tel: +1-404-231-1234
      Fax: +1-404-231-3112

      THE UNICODE CONSORTIUM

      The Unicode Consortium is a non-profit organization dedicated to the
      development, maintenance and promotion of The Unicode Standard, a worldwide
      character encoding. The Unicode Standard encodes the characters of the
      world's principal scripts and languages, and is code-for-code identical to
      the international standard ISO/IEC 10646. The Consortium also defines
      character properties and algorithms for use in implementations. The
      membership base of the Unicode Consortium includes major computer
      corporations, software producers, database vendors, research institutions,
      international agencies and various user groups.

      For further information on the Unicode Standard, visit the Unicode Web site
      at http://www.unicode.org or e-mail <info@...>

      * * * * *

      Unicode(r) and the Unicode logo are registered trademarks of Unicode, Inc.
      Used with permission.