Single width unifont

  • Dominique Unruh
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2001
      Some programs have problems with the two different widths unifont uses
      (e.g. KDE konsole). Therefore I have written a quick hack for hex2bdf,
      which shrinks all 16 pixel wide characters to 8 pixel wide characters.

      It looks ugly, but it is better than not having unifont in those
      programs. 8 pixel wide characters are unaffected.

      hex2bdf behaves 100% compatible to the old version when called
      normally, shrinking is done when the -8 flag is supplied.

      The shrinked font is called -gnu-unifont8-medium-r-normal--16-160-75-75-c-80-iso10646-1

      Example usage:
      zcat unifont.hex.gz | hex2bdf | bdf2pcf | gzip >unifont.pcf.gz
      zcat unifont.hex.gz | hex2bdf -8 | bdf2pcf | gzip >unifont8.pcf.gz

      DniQ.