Re: Code::Blocks for gcc-68HC11/HC12 ?

  • jsmcortina
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013
      --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, said jello <sjellouli@...> wrote:

      > Why not use CodeWarrior special edition? It's free. It has a built in debugger. And it works flawlessly.
      > The reason why this Yahoo group is not very active is because CodeWarrior made it pointless to go the gcc route. It simply makes no sense using gcc for the HCS12 any more. Unless you want to exceed the 32 KB limit CodeWarrior special edition has.
      > I am also a professor. And I stooped using gcc several years ago.

      The 32k limit is the main problem for me.
      Using gcc allows end users to build the code without having to buy a commercial Codewarrior license.

      I also personally prefer a linux build environment and gcc, but that's personal choice.

      James
    • imajeff
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2013
        --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, said jello <sjellouli@...> wrote:

        > Why not use CodeWarrior special edition? It's free. It has a built
        > in debugger. And it works flawlessly.

        Woa... is it really flawless, they've improved that much?

        Back when I was active on this group, CodeWarrior was not the thing to use because as far as I could tell when I tried it, it was just... one big flaw. GCC was hard to get working but when you figure it out, then you have it forever. That's what I like about open source. When you work with it, you own it.