GDB and TBDML

  • Nigel
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2012
      Hi, Happy New Year to all,

      I am trying to resurrect an old project that I built on windows, but now all my dev tools are SuSE linux.

      I have a 9DS12NE64 that I am trying to program using the TBDML from Tech Arts, but the only drivers I can find on the internet require Codewarrior MCU 10.1 to be installed on the machine. It seems like this is overkill to load a driver!

      Anyway, I did download the 900 megs of CW and installed it into about 2.4 gigs of disk space, but it crashed at the end due to missing libstdc++ for 32 bits, since I am using an AMD 64 bit machine.

      Has anybody else had success using the TBDML with GDB, or even installing it? I have NoICE that crashes under wine but runs under windows in a VirtualBox VM, but that seems to give very erratic results when it does work.

      any help appreciated

      thanks,

      Nigel
    • Ben Morse

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 4, 2012
          Nigel,
          I see a couple of problems here:
          1) CW MCU 10.1 does not support 64-bit Linux hosts. This has been fixed in
          10.2 (Beta came out last November, I believe final is due out this month).
          2) CW MCU 10 does not support the HC12 family at all. Latest news I have says
          HC12 support won't happen until this time next year. In the meantime, you
          have to stick with the "Classic" CW (which is Windows only).

          Alex