Using the insight user interface to GDB

  • Jonathan M. Hill
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hello everyone;

      I only have limited experience with Insight, but am impressed
      with it. I am wondering how I might be able to build the HC11/HC12
      GDB tools with Insight. In looking at GDB/Insight that ships with
      Cygwin, it looks like they do have remote debugging in mind.
      Please anyone have any advice? Any experinece to share?

      Jonathan
    • thousel@usa.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2001
        Hello! I have been using insight under cygwin for the HC12 for some
        time now, with the addition of the patch I wrote for Kevin Ross' BDM
        (do a search for BDM and you can see more info on this). It works
        fairly similarly to other embedded GUI debuggers I've used (allowing
        you to burn flash, read/write memory/registers, examine variables,
        step, set breakpoints, etc. on the target). I've been pretty happy
        with it (though there are a few minor inconveniences that annoy me,
        but that's been true with every debugger I've used).
        --
        Tim