GNU/GDB with TBDML

  • pikeaero
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2010
      Hi all,

      I am new to the list.

      I am running on Linux 64 bit Ubuntu and I installed the m68hc1x-gcc
      (and friends) binary .deb packages from
      https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/amd64/gdb-m68hc1x/1:6.4+3.1+dfsg-4

      Compiler, assembler, linker, and all that works just great.

      I have a TBDML 1.0A BDM pod that I build years ago but never used until
      now, however this is where I run into trouble.

      When I run m68hc11-gdb and type "help target", I get a list of a bunch
      of targets but no "TBDML"...<sigh>...now after a bit of searching, I see
      there are some source files kicking around that perhaps might add TBDML
      support to gdb?

      If this is indeed the case, then what sort of flaming hoops and mud bogs
      am I going to have to traverse in order to get this to work? Presumably
      I am going to have to build gdb from source now? Does that mean building
      the whole tool chain? And if so, what version of the source fits the
      TBDML "patches"?

      Kind Regards,

      Mike
    • jsmcortina
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2010
        --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, "pikeaero" <mike@...> wrote:

        > I am going to have to build gdb from source now?

        That's actually easier than it sounds. I posted the simple build script I use on here a while ago.

        I have only achieved a little bit of online debugging under Linux using a driver that a friend of mine write for the P&E USB BDM pod. Unfortunately it is unfinished and presently even less reliable than using HIWAVE under Windows.

        So when I need to debug realtime I have a fight with HIWAVE and hope that it stays running long enough to complete my task.

        James