GNU C++, yes it is possible

  • Keith V
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
      As a follow up to my question if C++ was possible with GNU, I am happy to report that yes it is quite possible.

      I now have a 100% c++ app, with serial, ADC and timer running on the interrupts.
      I like it, of course I have been a c++ fan for years.

      I'm running on the Megasquirt GPIO board, so it's actually using a MC9s12C64. This is the basis of an air bag suspension controller for my car. It reads the analog height of each wheel and adjusts the air pressure in the air bag for that wheel to maintain ride height.

      If anyone wants the source and makefile, just ask. I have a basic demo app that shows the concept, it will be posted on Source Forge in a few days

      Keith

    • davidarmstrong72
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
        Is this then a patch to the basic GNU? Which version of S12 GNU is this based on? Is there anyway to have GNU updated with this upgrade?

        I'm certainly interested in getting this, but would also like to know where it will be posted so others can get it too. It pains me to see that the Savannah site hasn't had a GNU upgrade posted there in years.

        Dave

        --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, Keith V <my427v8@...> wrote:

        > As a follow up to my question if C++ was possible with GNU, I am happy to report that yes it is quite possible.
        >
        > I now have a 100% c++ app, with serial, ADC and timer running on the interrupts.
        > I like it, of course I have been a c++ fan for years.
        >
        > I'm running on the Megasquirt GPIO board, so it's actually using a MC9s12C64. This is the basis of an air bag suspension controller for my car. It reads the analog height of each wheel and adjusts the air pressure in the air bag for that wheel to maintain ride height.
        >
        > If anyone wants the source and makefile, just ask. I have a basic demo app that shows the concept, it will be posted on Source Forge in a few days
        >
        > Keith

      • Keith V
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2010
          Nope this is the Rock stock GNU compiler.
          Version?, um well, the latest version I believe, I suppose I'd better record that somewhere.

          This is what GCC tells me with -dumpversion
          3.3.6-m68hc1x-20060122

          The source is posted on source forge;
          http://msride.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/msride/ARSV1/

          Go to the develop tab, then under the code tab select browse.
          You want ARSV1 which is a stable branch

          The Air ride specific classes are just stubs at this point
          the next rev will hopefully be running FreeRTOS

          To: gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com
          From: davidarmstrong72@...
          Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:47:16 +0000
          Subject: Re: GNU C++, yes it is possible

          Is this then a patch to the basic GNU? Which version of S12 GNU is this based on? Is there anyway to have GNU updated with this upgrade?

          I'm certainly interested in getting this, but would also like to know where it will be posted so others can get it too. It pains me to see that the Savannah site hasn't had a GNU upgrade posted there in years.

          Dave

          --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, Keith V <my427v8@...> wrote:

          > As a follow up to my question if C++ was possible with GNU, I am happy to report that yes it is quite possible.
          >
          > I now have a 100% c++ app, with serial, ADC and timer running on the interrupts.
          > I like it, of course I have been a c++ fan for years.
          >
          > I'm running on the Megasquirt GPIO board, so it's actually using a MC9s12C64. This is the basis of an air bag suspension controller for my car. It reads the analog height of each wheel and adjusts the air pressure in the air bag for that wheel to maintain ride height.
          >
          > If anyone wants the source and makefile, just ask. I have a basic demo app that shows the concept, it will be posted on Source Forge in a few days
          >
          > Keith

        • davidarmstrong72
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 19, 2010
            I tried to follow your link at:

            The source is posted on source forge;
            http://msride.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/msride/ARSV1/

            However I was not able to get to your posted code on sourceforge. Is there a correction to this?

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 19, 2010
              Nope. that link should work.
              You should see a sources link to see the individual files or download a tarball.

              What do you see?

              To: gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com
              From: davidarmstrong72@...
              Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:15:47 +0000

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 20, 2010
                In a more SourceForgey style I put up a zip file of the project.
                If you just go to;
                https://sourceforge.net/projects/msride/

                You should see a download link.
                You may need to change some paths in the make file to get it to compile.

                HTH
                Keith

                To: gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com
                From: my427v8@...
                Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:17:29 -0500

                To: gnu-m68hc11@ yahoogroups. com
                From: davidarmstrong72@ yahoo.com
                Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:15:47 +0000

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 25, 2010
                  Thanks for the other links. Yes, I was finally able to get to the correct pages and links to download. However I had to do it while running Ubuntu Linux. Apparently using Firefox under Windows gets me to an entirely different page.