Re: GDB and TBDML

  • Jefferson Smith
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1, 2007
      --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, "Jefferson Smith"
      > What I meant was, if I start at a normal bookmark like
      > normal people:
      > http://www.freescale.com/
      >
      > Where do I click to find what downloads are available?

      To my own question, this is all that I've found:
      http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=TBDML&message.id=120#M120
    • angelovjasen
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 15 1:56 PM
        Where you put the gdb.tar contents?
        Also have the gdb-6.2 source and gdb.tar, but failed successfully
        compile the gdb with tbdml12 enabled as target...
        Do you apply the m68hc.. patches over gdb-6.2 source?
      • angelovjasen
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 15 11:10 PM
          I also have the problem with unknown USB device ...
          But everything is ok, when you start GDB after TBDML pod is
          re-pugged-in. Then (at my system) USB device=0.
        • Jeff Smith
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 16 7:02 PM
            --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, "angelovjasen" <angelovjasen@...>
            wrote:
            > I also have the problem with unknown USB device ...
            > But everything is ok, when you start GDB after TBDML pod is
            > re-pugged-in. Then (at my system) USB device=0.

            Gee, I wish I had got around to trying to use this gdb for TBDML, then
            I could help. Can anybody send me a 6 MHz xtal? It's hard to buy
            something like that when shipping costs so much more than the item.
          • Nigel
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2012
              Hi, Happy New Year to all,

              I am trying to resurrect an old project that I built on windows, but now all my dev tools are SuSE linux.

              I have a 9DS12NE64 that I am trying to program using the TBDML from Tech Arts, but the only drivers I can find on the internet require Codewarrior MCU 10.1 to be installed on the machine. It seems like this is overkill to load a driver!

              Anyway, I did download the 900 megs of CW and installed it into about 2.4 gigs of disk space, but it crashed at the end due to missing libstdc++ for 32 bits, since I am using an AMD 64 bit machine.

              Has anybody else had success using the TBDML with GDB, or even installing it? I have NoICE that crashes under wine but runs under windows in a VirtualBox VM, but that seems to give very erratic results when it does work.

              any help appreciated

              thanks,

              Nigel
            • Ben Morse

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 4, 2012
                  Nigel,
                  I see a couple of problems here:
                  1) CW MCU 10.1 does not support 64-bit Linux hosts. This has been fixed in
                  10.2 (Beta came out last November, I believe final is due out this month).
                  2) CW MCU 10 does not support the HC12 family at all. Latest news I have says
                  HC12 support won't happen until this time next year. In the meantime, you
                  have to stick with the "Classic" CW (which is Windows only).

                  Alex