Urgent !! Need Help!! Interface 68HC11A8 with LCD display

  • gab1020012000
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
      I am undergraduate student and now doing my final year project .

      I already build up my circuit which the pin of PE0/ANO is the detect of
      input signal , PB0-PB7 is connect to the 16*2 character lcd display .
      Now the problem is I dont know the pin of lcd ( RS , E and R/W ) must
      connect to which pin of HC11 ....

      Anyone can give me some advice and tell me which part should I
      consider ????
    • Louis Bertrand
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
        Hi,

        I have an example of how to use the LCD on the Dragon12 board by Wytec.
        If it's the same controller interface, you can map to the same bit
        numbers using PB0-7.

        http://opentech.durhamcollege.ca/bertrandl/hc12/index.php?dir=resources
        Look for the article "Programming the LCD module on the Dragon12".

        Ciao
        --Louis

        gab1020012000 wrote:

        > I am undergraduate student and now doing my final year project .
        >
        > I already build up my circuit which the pin of PE0/ANO is the detect of
        > input signal , PB0-PB7 is connect to the 16*2 character lcd display .
        > Now the problem is I dont know the pin of lcd ( RS , E and R/W ) must
        > connect to which pin of HC11 ....
        >
        > Anyone can give me some advice and tell me which part should I
        > consider ????

      • Sureshkumar
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
          Hi Louis,

          The three pin which pointed here is control pin to LCD module.
          R/W is convential read and active low write signal. Simply connect
          them to R/W signal on HC11(if u run ur board on expanded mode) else
          if you running your board in single chip then assign any pin from
          general purpose port from hc11 and drive this pin HIGH when you need
          to read the data from lcd module or drive it low when you want to
          write a data to lcd module.

          Next the RS, is Register Select signal. There are two register in
          LCD Module, the instruction register and the data register. If you
          drive this pin LOW it is under instruction register, when HIGH it is
          under DATA register. Choose any pin from HC11 port and assign
          correct logic level according to data type on the data bus. If your
          board running in expended mode tied this with A0.

          The E signal is enable signal. Strobe(from high to low) this signal
          when you already send the valid data to the LCD Module. This is also
          can be drive from any output pin from HC11. If you running in
          expended mode then NANDed the memory decoder output and the E clock
          from HC11.

          Hope this will help you.

          --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, Louis Bertrand <louis@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I have an example of how to use the LCD on the Dragon12 board by
          Wytec.
          > If it's the same controller interface, you can map to the same bit
          > numbers using PB0-7.
          >
          > http://opentech.durhamcollege.ca/bertrandl/hc12/index.php?
          dir=resources
          > Look for the article "Programming the LCD module on the Dragon12".
          >
          > Ciao
          > --Louis
          >

          > gab1020012000 wrote:
          > >

          > > I am undergraduate student and now doing my final year project .
          > >
          > > I already build up my circuit which the pin of PE0/ANO is the
          detect of
          > > input signal , PB0-PB7 is connect to the 16*2 character lcd
          display .
          > > Now the problem is I dont know the pin of lcd ( RS , E and R/W )
          must
          > > connect to which pin of HC11 ....
          > >
          > > Anyone can give me some advice and tell me which part should I
          > > consider ????

        • gab1020012000
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
            Thanks a lot ..Louis and Kumar....