Re: FLASH help for EGNU

  • David Darby
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      Sorry I didn't get back sooner with a reply.  It turned out I was doing a couple things wrong.  I wasn't putting the table in the right area of flash  and I wasn't instantiating the table correctly.....I was trying a lot of different ways but wasn't using my brain.    A lot of it was due to the many different ways to implement an interrupt handler....I being a newbie was trying to use an interrupt handler for Reset.   Now I got  2 headers for both flash and dbug12.   I actually got the dbug12 Flash interrupts to work first...that's when I discovered where i went wrong with the vector addresses when trying to run it in flash without the monitor.

      You had a vectors.s or a crt0.s file that was of great help to me in figuring out what exactly was goin on in defining the vec table.  I can't seem to find it at the moment.

      I just wanted to program the FLASH.  In the end I learned a heck of a lot more.  Mainly how to use those linker scripts and implement interrupts, which btw I've since used to interface the SCI with my pc.   It seems too easy now.  I admit, I was losin some hair on this one.... I really do appreciate all the open source examples.  Hopefully one day I can be up to par with everyone else here...Although I really hate learning curves..these micros are growin on me..they're much more fun to play around with vs. programming some app or reinventing a lot of wheels with an hdl.

      Thanks again

      ddarby

       About the subject line...I had to change my membership email address..My acct was set up with my schools webmail to send msgs to the group.  My T-bird doesn't like more than one outgoing mail server. .One of the messages didn't send.  It's why I put in <resend> in the subj line in case it went through.

      Jefferson Smith wrote:
      First of all, hey don't change the subject line. It's hard to track
      your threads. Now on to my reply below...

      --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, ddarby <ddarby@...> wrote:

      I'm sorry but I'm not too sure on how to check the contents of
      flash after it  has been downloaded. I am new to this. The program
      did download, and the flash  works for the flash examples written
      in assembly for the drag12.

      If dbug12 has a way of checking flash, I don't have access to it
      cause I erase  it before I download my program.

      I suppose you left the DBug12 bootloader in Flash when you erased the
      DBug12 monitor (use by setting PAD jumpers both to '1').  So perhaps
      you know you can reload DBug12 any time, i.e. if you want to test more
      in RAM. If you know what yer doing, you can even merge DBug12 with
      your program and test it in Flash in a different location, but that's
      HLH (Higher Level Hacking, just made up that one).

      I did do a more simpler program to test it. I tested it in RAM and
      it works  fine, but it won't work for FLASH. The starting
      addresses were changed as  before for data, SP, etc.

      I can't tell where it starts. Howabout you post the S19, which would
      tell where all is loading.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Jefferson Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
        --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, David Darby <dc.darby@...> wrote:
        > You had a vectors.s or a crt0.s file that was of great help to me in
        > figuring out what exactly was goin on in defining the vec table. I
        > can't seem to find it at the moment.

        Yep. If anyone is wondering, the GEL examples here also have good
        "vectors.s" for 9S12:

        > can be up to par with everyone else here...Although I really hate
        > learning curves..these micros are growin on me..they're much more

        Don't worry, many of us are not really up to par; we just learned how
        to pretend ;-)

        > About the subject line...I had to change my membership email
        > address..My acct was set up with my schools webmail to send msgs
        > to the group. My T-bird doesn't like more than one outgoing
        > mail server. .One of the messages didn't send. It's why I put
        > in <resend> in the subj line in case it went through.

        Sure, but I suggest putting the <resend> at the begining of the
        message body instead. The Subject should point to an entire thread,
        not an individual message in a thread.

        I go to the website and find receiving/sending is much more reliable.
        Even if it takes a few hours to get a post, it normally shows up
        within 30 sec on the website: