RTOS ports

  • NZG
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
      Has anyone done a RTOS port to the GNU compiler they are willing to share?
      I found FreeRTOS but it appears to be codewarrior built.
      I would rather skip the porting there if possible.
      This is for an NE64 so I'm going to need to integrate a stack as well at some
      point.
      I see Viola and uIP.
      Are there any others?

      I don't mind a little porting, just looking for the path of least resistance.

      thx for any tips,
      NZG
    • Jefferson Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
        --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, NZG <ngustavson@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone done a RTOS port to the GNU compiler they are willing to
        share?
        > I found FreeRTOS but it appears to be codewarrior built.
        > I would rather skip the porting there if possible.
        > This is for an NE64 so I'm going to need to integrate a stack as
        well at some
        > point.
        > I see Viola and uIP.
        > Are there any others?
        >
        > I don't mind a little porting, just looking for the path of least
        resistance.

        > thx for any tips,
        > NZG

        I've about finished the FreeRTOS demo whic I will submit to be
        included in FreeRTOS. It looks like the hardest part about the
        "GCC/HCS12" port for FreeRTOS is interrupts because of the variety of
        generated code affecting the stack on an ISR call. I think I've got it
        worked out because it is working in my project.

        I just haven't got something generic working yet to release. I think
        FreeRTOS is excellent for most of my ideas.
      • Jefferson Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
          --- In gnu-m68hc11@yahoogroups.com, "Jefferson Smith"
          <imajeff84663@...> wrote:

          > I just haven't got something generic working yet to release. I think
          > FreeRTOS is excellent for most of my ideas.

          I almost forgot that I uploaded my first success here:

        • Mark Butcher
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
            Hi
            I have a complete solution for the NE64 and GNU compiler - operating
            system, TCP/IP stack with FTP, dynamic HTTP [called uTasker]. See
            www.mjbc.ch where there are a couple of online demos. It is free for
            educational establishments and includes a simulator and debugger.
            It is also available as IAR project for the NE64 as well as for the
            ATMEL SAM7X.
            GNU generated code is about 60% larger than IAR generated code but
            you can still pack quite a lot into the NE64 as a single chip
            solution.
            If you have a DEMO9S12NE64 there is code to convert it into a
            background debugger for other NE64 targets. It allows debugging of a
            target over the Ethernet or Internet as well as unintrusive
            monitoring - there is a demo allowing a board to be debugged from a
            web browser on line.
            If you like what you see, please contact me. There is a demo project
            allowing evaluation of a working project for GNU on demand (it can
            be fully simulated on a PC or downloaded to the DEMO9S12NE64).

            Regards

            Mark Butcher
            www.mjbc.ch