Re: m68hc11f1 in Bootstrap mode

  • kogguk@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hello Mike

      I think I found the problem with my board, not too sure though.
      On checking the CONFIG register I found it contains $ff. According to
      the manual it should be $0f, as from the factory.

      I did try and program it, but the program wont work, do you think you
      could cast your eyes on this code and possibly suggest some
      correction with your expert knoledge.

      dly10 equ 10000/3

      ORG $0000

      ldab #$0f ;data to program
      ldx #dly10
      ldy #$103f ;config address

      ldaa #02 ;eelat = 1 eepgm =0
      staa $103b ;set eelat bit
      stab $103f ;store data to be programmed
      ldab #$03 ;eelat = 1 eepgm = 1
      stab $103b ;turn programming voltage on
      delay dex
      bne delay
      clr $103b
      ldaa $103f
      staa $1004 ;check data in portb
      bra *
    • kogguk@yahoo.co.uk
      Message 36 of 36 , Aug 15, 2001
        Hello Mike

        I have finally managed to get around to putting those pullup resistor
        on the inconected pins. However, the problem of zeroing the output
        ports still persistes. The only thing I have been unable to do is put
        in the new chip. I don't have an extracter tool just yet, with it
        being 68 pin PLCC.

        I was reading a report by (Motorola An997)that the config register
        can cause some very strange things to happen in these devices if care
        is not taken to prevent it. I need to give it a second reading.

        Have you had any new ideas as to what could be the problem.

        Paul