Re: kevin ross bdm

  • Remko Galama
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
      I thought the Kevin Ross bdm pod didn't support ECLK's above 8MHz? I
      would expect a BDM that supports the S12 family would also support
      higher bus clock speeds...

      Regards, Remko

      >>> darius@... 08/01/04 6:19 AM >>>
    • Daniel O'Connor
      • Remko Galama
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
          So the BDM still works when I would go to an ECLK of 24MHz?
          If it doesn't it doesn't seem like full support to me. I just think it
          is something to keep in mind when spending money on a BDM, it all
          depends on what you wan't and expect.

          Regards, Remko

          >>> darius@... 08/01/04 1:02 PM >>>
        • Marek Peca
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
            > is the kevin ross bdm comptible with hcs12?

            It should be (for frequencies of ext. crystal up to 16MHz).
            I hope Petr Lascak will test it with our free pod soon :).

            Regards, MP
          • Daniel O'Connor
            • Remko Galama
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
                I'm not saying that Kevin Ross can't claim it supports the HCS12
                family. Diego asked if it did support the HCS12 and the answer is: "yes
                it does" but.....keep in mind that you can't go beyond the 8MHz ECLK.

                Like I said it all depends on what you expect and what functionality you
                want (High level language, expanded mode, higher busfrequencies etc..).

                Like Darius said, be sure to contact the BDM suplier and ask for more
                specific information before you buy.

                Here a few links to people in the market of low cost BDM sollutions:

                www.krummsdorf.de
                www.axman.com
                www.pemicro.com
                www.elektronikladen.de

                If you don't mind the 8MHz limit I would probably buy the axman
                AX-BDM12. Last I've heard is that it supports the elf/dwarf2 output so
                you can use high level source debugging. Still mail them to be sure.

                Regards, Remko

                >>> darius@... 08/01/04 1:39 PM >>>
              • Diego Manenti Martins
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
                  This 8Mhz is the bus frequenci of hcs12?