debugging assembly code

  • mahesh km
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hello ,
      I was trying to debug an assembly program using gdb,
      and had a few problems.The problem is --the program
      counter and the other register values arent changing
      during the execution.
      I assembled using the "-gstabs" option.
      In gdb i have done the "target","load" operations.
      And also the execution isnt stopping at the breakpoint
      i set,
      instead it is going to the last line of code.
      So does anyone know what i should do.
      Any suggestions in this regard will be
      appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Mahesh

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • Jefferson Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        I don't know much about getting everything to work, but you don't need
        "-gstabs" specifically for gdb. I use "-g" which adds just about everything,
        or "-ggdb" which is specifically for gdb. --jeffs