Re: [gnu-m68hc11] knowing gcc options from inside .c or .s

  • Stephane Carrez
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 12:19 PM
      Hi!

      yann gouy a écrit :

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'd like to know if it's possible to know the options
      > given to gcc when compiling a .c or a .s in order to
      > change the code.
      > the options that interested me are the number of soft
      > regs, the frame-omit-pointer,... mainly, the options
      > concerning the place taken by this "artificial
      > registers" in the page0.
      >
      > thanks in advance.
      >
      > bye.

      It makes sense but there is transparent way.

      I suggest that you pass some -DSOFT_REG_COUNT=<n> at the same time
      of the -msoft-reg-count=<n> option.

      Stephane

      Home Office
      E-mail: stcarrez@... Stephane.Carrez@...
      WWW: http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez http://www.sun.com
      Mail: 17, rue Foucher Lepelletier 6, avenue Gustave Eiffel
      92130 Issy Les Moulineaux 78182 Saint Quentin en Yvelines
      France
    • Stephane Carrez
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1 12:22 PM
        Hi!

        Oops

        Stephane Carrez a écrit :
        > It makes sense but there is transparent way.

        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        no transparent way.

        Stephane

        Home Office
        E-mail: stcarrez@... Stephane.Carrez@...
        WWW: http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez http://www.sun.com
        Mail: 17, rue Foucher Lepelletier 6, avenue Gustave Eiffel
        92130 Issy Les Moulineaux 78182 Saint Quentin en Yvelines
        France
      • yann gouy
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2 1:39 AM
          --- Stephane Carrez <stephane.carrez@...> a
          écrit :
          > Hi!
          >
          > Oops
          >

          > Stephane Carrez a écrit :
          > > It makes sense but there is transparent way.
          > >
          > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          > no transparent way.

          thanks.

          I think I have to do the same for the frame pointer
          and the Z reg.

          beurk! the code will be ugly...

          A+

          =====
          Yann

          La Terre est le berceau de l'Humanite,
          mais nul ne reste eternellement dans son berceau.
          Tchleskovsky
          (inventeur du principe de la fusee a reaction)
          (pere spirituel de Youri Gagarine)

        • Mujic
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 19 9:38 AM
            I don't know why my GNU compiled binary file never work on my machine although IAR compiled one is okay.
            Are my 'Makefile' , 'memoy.x' and 'make.defs' wrong? Would anybody let me know by reviewing attached files?
            Also I want to know how to change the startup code such as crt0.o - in the binary package what I installed there is no startup source sample. I very need it itself because I should use TIC3.

            My URGENT goal is Turing on an LED at the main( ) program when TIC3(KBD) is triggered.
            I couldn't do anything alone. PLEASE HELP ME.

            The following is my environment

            CPU : M68HC11F1

            ROM Start Address : 0x8000

            0x1A01 : KBD (i8279)