Re: [gnu-m68hc11] Re: db11 build problems

  • Cory Riddell
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
      On Thursday 30 November 2000 11:06 pm, you wrote:
      > Ok, I can see two problems here.
      >
      > Assuming you're using an 8MHz crystal, bootbaud must be 1200 not 9600.
      > DB11 will change to 9600 after booting, so "baud" should be 9600.

      Thanks for the info. I changed my machine.db11 file.

      > Two people have reported problems with the A series failing on the
      > bootstrap verify of the last byte (it echoes as 0xFF not whatever it
      > should be).

      I can confirm this with both of my 'hc11 boards. I have a BotBoard1
      with a 68hc811e2 and a BotBoard2 with a 68hc11a1. Both boards
      give me the 0xff verify error.

      I'm going to keep playing with this. Thanks for your help.

      Cory
    • robot@c-riddell.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2000
        Ok. My machine.db11 now reads:

        bootbaud 1200
        baud 9600
        tty S0

        and my debug.db11 reads:

        include machine.db11
        boot talkram.s19
        mode debug

        and when I run db11 -f debug.db11 I now get:

        Bootloading RAM
        RESET, then press Return to continue:
        Bootloading 256 bytes to boot RAM
        download verify error on boot file:
        first 255 of 256 bytes ok, maybe all.
        differences in the rest are:
        sent at 255: 42
        recvd: FF*

        This is on my 'A1 BotBoard2.
        I was thinking that since I had the -f parameter, it should have
        started the talker, right? But after the recvd: FF* line, execution
        ended.

        Any other ideas?

        One other question- shouldn't the talkram.s19 file be exactly 256
        bytes long? Mine is 860 bytes. Does that sound right?

        Cory
      • Clifford Heath
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2000
          > sent at 255: 42
          > recvd: FF*

          > This is on my 'A1 BotBoard2.
          > I was thinking that since I had the -f parameter, it should have
          > started the talker, right? But after the recvd: FF* line, execution
          > ended.

          Ahhh. You found a bug: -f only works if the command-line options are
          used to bootload the talker, not from a script. I'll fix that and
          republish ASAP, check my DB11 webpage.

          > One other question- shouldn't the talkram.s19 file be exactly 256
          > bytes long? Mine is 860 bytes. Does that sound right?

          The S19 file contains hexadecimal with headers, so it's about 3x the
          size of the binary data - 860 sounds right.

          --
          Clifford Heath, Open Software Associates, mailto:cjh@...,
          Ph +613 9895 2194, Fax 9895 2020, <http://www.osa.com.au/~cjh>,