Imagecraft ICC11 vs 68HC11 GNU compiler

  • George V
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      I am writing a proposal to introduce a C programming language to students that will have
      them dirctly interfacing/compiling to a 68HC11 board (32k EEPROM/32K RAM).

      I am currently using the ICC11 V5 DOS tools. Imagecraft is introducing ICC11 V6 for
      Windows and ICC11 V5 DOS or a ICC11 V6 DOS versions may not be available in the
      future (info from Imagecraft).

      I will rethink the ICC11 freeware based on some feedback today. Cost is always a factor
      for students and I want them to program at home.

      I did not even consider the GNU tools because I could never easily get them running
      under DOS; perhaps I did not try hard enough.

      Can someone suggest a way to easily get the GNU tools up and running under DOS.
      I would then seriouly consider evaluating them. Remeber that students will be using it
      and need to get up and running and compiling quickly and effeiciently. Students and
      the college have a variety of different machines and a DOS prompt is common to all.

      I would appreciate some feedback on the above.

      Anyone compare the versions mentioned above? ICC11V5 vs ICC11 v.48 freeware vs Current GNU Compiler for 68HC11

      George V