1-byte address in "as"

  • Clifford Heath
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2000
      I'm assembling some boot-mode programs that keep variables in .page0.
      The assembler allocates two-byte address fields for these (to allow
      for relocation), so if I say "ldaa foo" where foo is in .page0, I get
      a three-byte instruction instead of a 2-byte one.

      Am I doing something wrong (overlooking a section attribute or something)
      or is there no way to get "as" to do what I want?

      Can I get "as" to produce non-relocatable output, and would that help?

      --
      Clifford Heath, Open Software Associates, Ph +613 9895 2194, Fax 9895 2020
      56-60 Rutland Rd (or PO Box 625), Box Hill 3128, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.