Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: equality

  • Micky Evans
    Message 1 of 62 , Aug 2, 2004
      Dear PMCV,

      I will do my best at explaining my understanding of
      these scriptures. Onward...

      //////////////////////////////////////////////
      Logion 114, _The Gospel According to Thomas

      Simon Peter said to them, "Mary should leave us, for
      females are not
      worthy of life."
      Jesus said, "See, I am going to attract her to make
      her male so that she too might become a living spirit
      that resembles
      you males. For every female (element) that makes
      itself male will
      enter the kingdom of heavens."
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      As I read the Gnostic scriptures, I see that the
      female is flesh and the male is of the mind. So, when
      I read this I see Jesus telling Paul that he would
      attract her (the opposite of repelling which I believe
      was Paul's statement) to him and teach her to be of
      mind, like men, which would enable her to have the
      living spirit of a male.

      ////////////////////////////////////////////
      From _The Gospel According to Philip_:

      A Gentile does not die, for the gentile has never
      become alive so as
      to die. One who has believed in the truth has become
      alive; and this
      person runs the risk of dying, because of being alive.

      Since Christ came, the world has been created, cities
      have been
      organized, and the dead have been buried. When we
      were Hebrews we
      were orphans with (only) our mother, but when we
      became Christians we
      got father and mother.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      This says to me that the Gentile doesn't spiritually
      die because he is already dead by default of not
      knowing the truth (same with the Hebrews) due to the
      fact that without the father/male/mind all were left
      with the mother/flesh (whom all man except Jesus were
      born of) which equalled death. Christ coming and
      bringing the father/mind/truth gave men and women of
      the woman/flesh the ability to become of male mind and
      obtain the truth which in essence was obtaining life.

      Micky

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BYrrlB/TM

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      Message 62 of 62 , Aug 9, 2004
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gavin Riggott" <wu@n...> wrote:

        > No offense, but these one-liners don't convey an awful lot. For
        > example, is that a personal oppinion or a Gnostic position? If
        > the latter, could you expand on it a little, like why you brought
        > it up and where it comes from, etc?
        >

        > Gavin Riggott

        Thank you, Gavin, for stating what *should* be obvious. Personally,
        I think one-liners are better suited for a comedy club, so your
        appeal to Reason here was much appreciated.