Re: Christ

    Message 1 of 62 , Aug 1, 2004
      Just to back Peggy's point here, Lynette, "The Bible" is not
      necessarily in agreement with Gnostic texts, and that view
      of "Christ" is often quite at odds with the points being made in the
      Gnostic texts. An historical Jesus probably existed, but it is far
      from certain... and of doubtful importance to Gnostics.

      Message 62 of 62 , Aug 9, 2004
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gavin Riggott" <wu@n...> wrote:

        > No offense, but these one-liners don't convey an awful lot. For
        > example, is that a personal oppinion or a Gnostic position? If
        > the latter, could you expand on it a little, like why you brought
        > it up and where it comes from, etc?
        >

        > Gavin Riggott

        Thank you, Gavin, for stating what *should* be obvious. Personally,
        I think one-liners are better suited for a comedy club, so your
        appeal to Reason here was much appreciated.