Re: gnosticism is cool...equality and Mary Magdalen

  • lilyfayre
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 1, 2004
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "eyeambetty" <eyeambetty@y...> wrote:

      > saying #69 from "The Gospel Of Thomas" reads: Jesus said "Fortunate
      > are those who are persecuted in their hearts: They are the ones who
      > truly come to know the father. Fortunate are they who are hungry,
      > that the stomach of the person in want may be filled."
      >
      > i interpret this saying as who one comes to realize that something is
      > not right, it's a nagging feeling that we can't quite put our finger
      > on, and it alienates us from our surroundings, our families, our
      > upbringing, and the places which we should fit in. this
      > discontent "persecutes us in our hearts" because we are faced with
      > turning away from all we've come to know, but that is also what sets
      > us on the road of self discovery, creating a hunger that we strive to
      > satiate.
      >
      > sincerely, betty

      Betty how synchronistic for you to have chosen to quote #69 and for me
      having not read any of these posts for many months to suddenly decide
      to read yours this evening. You see I'm in my fifth and final year of
      training as a psychotherapist and it's only really now that I'm
      beginning to understand. In the UK it's mandatory on most courses
      that we're in personal therapy - I see a Jungian analyst and I'm
      really struggling with some heavy stuff right now.

      Your choice of #69 though sent a huge beam of light to me - I came to
      the understanding on Friday that without having personally suffered I
      couldn't truly open my heart with understanding to those in need and
      suffering around me. As I reached that understanding within me I said
      to my analyst how empty my stomach felt and that my body felt dead -
      everything seemed to have moved to my forehead, at that point I became
      overwhelmed with tears. On the way home I felt wrapped in a golden
      glow, but then became anxious. Why have I (and everyone else come to
      that) had to suffer so much inner hurt like this?

      #69 brings an answer to a prayer for me.

      I thank you,

      Lily.
    • lilyfayre
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 2, 2004
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "eyeambetty" <eyeambetty@y...> wrote:

        > I thank you, Lily. how extraordinary, this is more synchronistic
        > than you know, may i send you a personal email?
        >
        > if i remember correctly,it was Jung who said:
        > "Only the wounded physician heals."
        >
        > take care,
        > sincerely, betty

        Hello Betty,

        How interesting! :)
        Please do write to me - I look forward to hearing from you.

        Kindest,
        Lily.