Equality

  • camarwick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      When we talk about equality we are talking about what we can actually quantify to compare.  In other words we cannot compare those things about us that are variable.  For example, the physical element of humans is infinitely variable at birth and can change during an individuals lifetime - therefore we cannot talk of human quality in physical terms.  The same problem applies to our mental/intellectual elements which are 'educated/trained' and expected to change during each individuals lifetime.  The only element where we can talk about equality is the spirit or soul, the unique element in each of us that makes us who we are.  I know no regular words to describe what I mean so I will use metaphor.  Imagine this element as a block of stone or a blank page that is sculpted or written upon by the choices we make.  This element if gifted to us by the divine, and if we choose wisely it will develop within us what is necessary for us to be redeemed into eternal life.  This is where our equality lay, we, each of us, regardless of race, creed or gender, has the ability within us to nurture this element or to neglect it, the choice is ours.
      Regards
      Caz
      Carol A Marwick