Re: Suffering was,(unknown)

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2004
      Hello Gerry

      On 07/11/04, you wrote:

      "With respect to Gnosticism, the suffering we witness in the world
      around us is clearly indicative of the inherent imperfection of
      creation. It just seems to me like too much of a stretch to conclude
      that it's "good," even if we assert that it allows people to see
      through the illusion of materialism, because again, not everyone does
      see through it. In other words, I said "clearly indicative" above
      since those negative experiences often hit us harder, but to really
      see through the deception of the temporal world, we need to be
      willing to look beyond those pleasurable moments as well. The good
      and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly, the victorious and the
      defeated, they're ALL symptoms of the separation from our Source."

      This sums it up quite nicely. Suffering is what you make of it, so
      is joy. Sometimes suffering has no meaning at all, you just have to
      endure it, like my bad back.